If you haven't signed up for Royalty rewards with Red Robin you really should. I just got another free birthday burger!
Still feeling meat-guilty I went with their vegetarian Garden Burger although our server told me I could get any burger--which is actually not correct because their line of "Finest" burgers is actually not part of the promotion. These burgers use the special Angus beef patties and are have a special theme. Plus they among the priciest burgers.
Garden Burger ($10.99) An amazingly delicious blend of vegetables, grains, and spices with a touch of cheese, topped with tomatoes, fresh lettice, pickles and Country Dijon sauce on our whole wheat bun.
- The patty here is a bit on the thinner side but taste is not bad. Otherwise burger construction is very basic.
- TIP: Immediately remove the pickles hiding underneath the patty unless all you want to taste is pickle.
- Where this burger gets more than merely a passing grade is the bottomless fries. With these you are guaranteed a filling meal with every burger order. You can substitute them for bottomless salad (free substitution) if you like.
- Before you sub your bottomless fries for any of these fruity alternatives thinking they'll be healthier, be sure to ask your server first.
- At the moment the Seasonal Fruit was just apples and mandarin oranges. The mandarin oranges are the canned syrupy ones. And the Freckled Fruit Salad is the Seasonal Fruit drenched in the special syrup they use in their line of "Freckled" drinks.
And don't forget to look at the very back of the menu which has suggestions on how to reduce the calorie count including open-faced burgers and getting them in lettuce wraps.