Skip to main content

Ouisi Bistro has outdoor seating out back

Ouisi Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Pleasant summer weather means you can dine outdoors out back at Ouisi Bistro, although a bee had a strange fascination with the fried chicken I ordered--until I gobbled up all the meat. The interior is dimly lit so if you like light and a bit of sun and especially if it happens to be crowded inside the restaurant main, see if you can get a seat outside.

Following an old raving recommendation for the fried chicken, that's what I ordered. Luckily we didn't get any appetizer because all our near-$20 plates had pretty heaping portions! Our small party did manage one dessert to share afterwards though.

Southern Fried Chicken ($17) Three pieces of Rossdown Farms buttermilk mainated chicken. Double crusted and served with Yukon Gold-roasted garlic mash potatoes and jicama slaw (and cornbread)
  • By "double crusted" they first fry the chicken, then batter it and bake it.
  • I got two thighs and a wing. The thighs were juicy but the wing was dry. Maybe they did all three at the same time and the wing dried out faster?
  • No crunchy crust! If that's what you are looking for in fried chicken, pass.
  • Heaping plate but depending on your appetite, it might be too much. You might want to share this or just eat slowly and sit around and chat with your friends longer?
  • Cornbread tasted okay but seemed a bit dry. Probably a personal preference thing.
  • I recommend giving this chicken a pass. It's not bad, but it's not that interesting compared to the rest of the menu, especially if you haven't had much exposure to this cuisine.
2017-Jul-13 - Southern Fried Chicken

2017-Jul-13 - Southern Fried Chicken

2017-Jul-13 - Southern Fried Chicken

2017-Jul-13 - Cornbread

Big Daddy Fry's Bread Pudding ($6.50)
  • TIP: ASK FIRST what it involves. Came with some whipping cream (?) which had a pungent surprise in it. Was it stinky goat cheese? I personally gag on that so it turned me off right away.
  • Came warm but also dry. Recommend you pass, but if you are really curious, do yourself a favour and ask about it first.
2017-Jul-13 - Big Daddy Fry's Bread Pudding

2017-Jul-13 - Big Daddy Fry's Bread Pudding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 3

A picture from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. I can't remember why I had this couple in the picture, but I do vaguely remember this to be in London, on the first official day of the tour group getting together. Their insistence on my helping them take a picture caused the three of us to be late getting back to the bus. The local tour guide had a "rule" about lateness, that we had to buy chocolate to share with everyone. As it turned out, later in the trip, on at least two occasions, we were stuck on the highway on either a long commute or a traffic jam, and I had chocolate and chocolate-covered marzipan to share. About the chocolate-covered marzipan -- Apparently we were in Austria just as they were celebrating Mozart's birthday with special marzipans wrapped in foil with the famous composer's picture. I'm pretty sure it was Mirabell Mozartkugeln . Anyway, there were enough to go around the en

Meet Melissa Gaines and her blurry sexy pics

Oh boy! I had no sooner finished posting about the lovely Taylor Burch responding to my personals ad on Craigslist when Melissa Gaines (e-mailing from erikmcclure858@yahoo.com) mailed me a couple more pictures of her lithe body and selling her profile on the same looks-like-a-phishing-scam site (http://craigslistsafe.net/profiles/melx3/). One of them was an NSFW naked-breasts pic which I haven't posted here (sorry -- but honestly, nothing to write home about, especially with the serious bikini tan lines). Here's the e-mail exchange: Melissa e-mail #1 Here is my picture as attached. Please e-mail me details what you are looking for along with your pictures. Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon. Melissa e-mail #2 hey thanks for getting back to me we should definitely meetup sometime... if youre interested of course :) a couple things i should set straight though: 1 we use condoms 2 you join a dating site that I belong to safedates no worries though its fr

Trafalgar's European Explorer 2006 memoirs part 10

The last of my pictures (at least the ones that survived the cheesy disposable cameras) from my 2006 trip, a Trafalgar 's bus tour, on an itinerary called the European Explorer. Below is the obligatory group photo. Not sure everyone's in it, actually. I'm pretty sure this one was taken by the tour director, Mike Scrimshire as I'm in the back row, on the right side.